Sunday, February 10, 2013

What do you do on Chinese New Year's Eve in Taiwan?

So...what to do on Chinese New Year's Eve?  Well...we went hiking up a mountain.  Apparently there are usually really big spiders on this trail.  Did we see any?  Nope not really!  We did, however, get our exercise in.  We started out on our bikes.  Then, as soon as we hit the first hill of the mountain I couldn't take it anymore.  Yes...I did get off and start walking my bike up the road instead of riding it.  I know I'm a wimp.  :) Oh well.  Then, we got to the trail head.  We saw one pretty big spider at the beginning of the hike but that is the only one we saw for the entire hike.  I couldn't even get a good picture of it because it was too far away.  :( 
This is my attempt at getting a picture of the spider...at least I think it is.  You can't really see anything in this picture.  If you look at the upper, left-hand side you might be able to see it.

This is me on the trail.  Pretty exciting huh?

Since it was Chinese New Year's Eve, we saw all of these lanterns as we were walking up and riding down the mountain.

All three of us together.  We wanted to take these pictures fast because we heard dogs barking viciously and we were a little nervous about that.  :)

The best part of the hike was riding our bikes DOWN the mountains!  So much easier than riding up the mountain!  Then, of course, we had to stop at the grocery store.  We were a little nervous that they would be closed for part of next week (because of the holiday) so we thought we should stock up on some things.

Then...the best part of my day was Les Mis that night!  SO EXCITING!  The best part about the movie theaters here is that you can bring in your own food.  They don't care!  So...I stopped at McDonalds before the movie and grabbed dinner to eat while we were in the movie.  I wish theater in American would allow that.  The worst part about the movie theater that we went to is that it was FREEZING COLD and we were right underneath the air vent.  And no....we couldn't change seats because this theater assigns you seats.  Another weird things about the movie here was that the screen was not the same size as in America or something because the camera would randomly cut off the characters head and I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that when I watched the movie in America.  Oh well...once I got past those two things I really did LOVE the movie and I think it was even better the second time around.  


No comments:

Post a Comment