Sunday, February 10, 2013

Just another Sunday afternoon

Well...I guess today wasn't just any old Sunday afternoon.  Today was also Chinese New Year.  Since it was Chinese New Year, church started a little earlier.  It started at 9:00 instead of 9:30.  That meant we had to leave our house by 7:45 or so...we made it to church in record time....we got to church by 8:30.  Usually it takes a lot longer than that.  We were combined with a Chinese ward.  It was so interesting to hear the Sacrament blessed in Chinese and prayers said in Chinese.  The speakers were from our branch but their talks were also translated into Chinese.  It was a pretty cool experience.  Then, instead of having two more hours after Sacrament Meeting, we only had one hour.  We did Sunday School with all of the Primary kids combined...that came to a total of 4 Primary children.  WOW!  Then, Tricia, Erin and I decided to go on a picnic at a park on the way home from church.  It was a pretty cool little park.  I enjoyed myself.  We ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and flew kites around....I fail at flying kites by the way.  We also walked around the park for a little while and then we went home.  It was a pretty successful Sunday afternoon.  :)

Erin trying to figure out her kite.

We couldn't find one of the sticks for the kite so we found a stick and I cut it down so it would fit.  We later found the stick laying on the ground at the bus stop...oops.

I finished making my stick!

We were both so good at flying kites!

I just thought this was a really cool picture.  These flowers were in the pond.  Look closely and you will see a spider!  No I did not get close enough to take this picture...I stole it from Erin.

All three of us with our kites!...Erin, Me, and Tricia

Apparently you are supposed to take off your shoes and walk along this path.  It relieves stress...I just think it is painful.

Probably one of my favorite pictures of the day...I am really into flying my kite.  Good news...I did end up flying it for a minute at least.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment