Adventure for the day...the Taipei zoo and the Barbie restaurant! We started off the day at 7 in the morning to catch the bus to Taipei. We dropped our stuff off at our hostel (or should I say closet?) and we were off to the zoo! That's right. We went to the zoo! This was the busiest zoo that I have ever been to. I'm sure that is partly because it is a holiday. There were so many people on the subway and at the zoo. It was fun but crazy! It was hard to even stop and enjoy the animals because it was so busy and crowded.
Do you see all of those people behind me?
and these are all of the people that were in front of me.
The zoo was SO CROWDED!
I just thought I would throw this picture in. It's probably my favorite picture of the day. :)
and of course people asked to take pictures with us. Such is life in Taiwan. :)
Then, after a long day at the zoo, we searched the streets of Taipei for the Barbie restaurant but we couldn't find it anywhere. So...we decided to eat at the Sogo Department Store instead. I had a sandwich. Then, as we were heading for the Subway again we found the Barbie cafe! We made a reservation for later that night. Since we had about 3 hours before our reservation we went and explored a night market. Don't worry I bought a fan! I am pretty excited about it!
This is a picture of us with the guy that painted our fans. Definitely excited about this purchase! :)
Then we were finally able to eat at the Barbie restaurant. Too bad the food wasn't that great. It was still a lot of fun! I ordered chicken strips. It was actually teriyaki chicken (or something like that). That's also what Sunny got. Erin ordered Barbie burgers. It was basically a meatball on a mini bun (don't worry she got three of them). My favorite was Trisha's meal. She ordered a garlic baked potato. It turns out that hers was a pile of garlic-flavored french fries...that definitely made us laugh. The Barbie restaurant was a great way to end a VERY LONG day! :)
My...chicken strips?
The menu...sorry I look so tired. I was definitely exhausted!
the cute little chairs at the restaurant.
Trisha's garlic baked potato...YUM! lol
No comments:
Post a Comment