Thursday, February 21, 2013

Taipei adventure...day 3

Our third day in Taiwan was the craziest of all!  Our goal was to take a train to Pingxi for the lantern festival. First, we met up with Callie for breakfast, we walked around Taipei.  We found a park that we enjoyed for a little while.  Then, we got a train ticket and we were on our way to Pingxi.  We spent a little more money on this train ticket but we got to have seats for the entire ride.  It was great!  Then, we had to get on another train...this one was not as luxurious!  We were packed onto this train like cattle.  We kept getting pushed farther and farther onto the train.  I got on the train and I thought there was nowhere else for me to go but I kept getting pushed and somehow I ended up in the middle of the train.  I'm not exactly sure how that happened.  Our first stop was at a waterfall.  Then we headed over to Pingxi.  

weird statue thing at the park.  :)

a cute little house at the park.

on the way to the waterfall. 

the waterfall was so pretty! 

us and our bus tickets...and a random person that wanted his picture taken with us.  :)

definitely packed onto the train!
  
at the night market!

our lantern.

ready to let our lantern fly!

 
there it goes!


If you knew me at all you would know that I HATE HEIGHTS!  However, I stumbled across a suspension bridge.  Yes...I literally stumbled across it.  Not only is it really high above the ground...it is also very wobbly ...not my favorite experience but I can say that i did it!


Once our adventure was done we stopped at McDonalds to eat.  Then, Trisha and Erin went to another park while Sunny and I went back to the hostel, packed our bags, and then sat on my bed and played a few games of Monopoly Deal before we went to bed.  It was definitely a good day!




2 comments: