Well...the answer to that question is...NO! On the first day that we were here we heard Fur Elise coming from outside. We had no idea what it was. Then, we heard it again the next day. The song has since changed from Fur Elise to a song that I do not recognize but it is definitely NOT an ice cream truck. You would not want to get anything out of this truck. :) That melody is actually the sound of a garbage truck. Garbage trucks come by every day (except for Tuesday or Wednesday....I can't remember which one). It took some getting used too but it is starting to seem more normal.
And...as I am writing this post....I start to hear a woman shouting from a loud speaker. Taiwan doesn't have a law against disturbing the peach I guess. These people....although we can't understand what they are saying....are advertisements. It was very interesting the first time that we heard one of them. It is just very different from back home. I'm not used to hearing advertisements for different things as we walk down the street. I'm sure I will get used to it....I'm just not quite there yet.
Musical garbage trucks! Love it.
ReplyDelete