The fifth floor of our building is the roof. I didn't just experience this...I knew it was up there from the first day that I got there. However, I just never had the desire to check it out....I was a little worried about it....I am afraid of heights. Anyways, Brendan, Erin, Sunny, Trisha, Kaitlyn, Nicole and I were all watching "The Help". We had a nice, relaxing Sunday night. Then, when the movie was over (around 10 at night) Kaitlyn insisted on showing me the roof. :) So...I decided it would be a good adventure. It was nothing like I had pictured. It was so beautiful! As you look out you see the "skyline" of Fengyuan. I had never experienced it like that. Of course we took some pictures.
These pictures don't really do it justice but it really was so beautiful! It was so calm and peaceful. The city was quiet, there weren't any crazy drivers on the street. It would definitely be a nice place to sit or read a book. I enjoyed it!
Other than that, it was a pretty average Sunday. We started church at 9:30 today....instead of 12:30.....this is how it is going to be for the rest of the year...I like this schedule so much better. I know this means I have to get up SUPER early! We left for church around 8:15 this morning but the bus ride was much more enjoyable. It wasn't too packed which is amazing for Taiwan! We all got a seat on the bus for the entire 45 minute bus ride. Coming home from church wasn't that bad either. We had break the fast today so we left a little later than we usually will but the bus was still very empty when we left. Also, I would like you to know that you are now talking to the music person for the primary. I was not expecting this. I was actually anticipating relief society or Sunday School teacher. I am relieved that I am not a Sunday School teacher but I could have handled Relief Society. :) Oh well.
I am a little overwhelmed with all that I have to do for school and trying to find food to feed myself with. This just seems like an added source of stress. I'm sure it will be fine once I get the hang of things. Luckily the Primary president is another teacher here and she is AWESOME so I can talk to her about it whenever I want to. I am really excited and a little nervous too. I don't want to make it boring for them or anything. They really don't waist any time handing out callings in this branch. One of the other teachers here got called as the Primary First Counselor last Sunday (our very first week here). We have so much to learn and so many things to do I hope we can handle this as well. I guess we will find out. :) Until next time....happy Sunday from Taiwan!
No comments:
Post a Comment