Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I love the gospel

Well not having a computer in Taiwan has proven to be difficult. I haven't written a post since Easter. Crazy! Time sure does fly by! Now I only have 95 days left until I leave this wonderful country. I can't believe it! So much has happened since I last wrote! For starters, we ended the semester, we got new teacher and I got new classes and new students. Although my classes can be difficult I still love all of my kids. They are great! My fifth graders like to challenge me but its nothing I can't handle.

Since I last wrote I also have a new calling at church. I am the primary president. Being the president can be difficult in a branch. We are very short staffed so I also double as the music leader. :) We have recently been working on our primary program songs. It's been a long, hard road for the kids to learn the songs but they are really improving. This past Sunday was a really special experience for me. We have been working on the same songs for the past few weeks and the kids were still struggling. On Sunday as we were singing the songs they sang them almost perfectly. Our hard work is paying off. As I was standing in the front of the room my eyes started to water. The spirit was so strong in those little voices. The testimonies of young children are the best that I've ever heard. I could feel their testimonies as we were singing the songs. I love my calling and that I've had the opportunity to get to know these wonderful children and I know that I will be so sad to leave them in December. At first I was a little nervous about the new calling but as I've grown to love and know the kids I know this is the right place for me. 

Being in a new place is hard sometimes so I've had to learn how to rely on The Lord. I have gained a stronger testimony since being in Taiwan. It is so comforting to know that the gospel is the same wherever I go. Although I am really excited to come home and 95 days I know I will miss Taiwan. I am excited to get back to America and get started with my "grown-up" life but this is definitely where I'm supposed to be at this point in my life. Well it's time for me to get ready for class but I will try to post an update of my kids later today. I will be home soon! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment